Hospital Pay-for-Performance Programs
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan has two hospital incentive-based programs. We call them pay-for-performance, or P4P. Both programs recognize hospitals that excel at care quality, cost-efficiency and population health management.
The peer group 1-4 program rewards large and medium-sized hospitals. The peer group 5 program rewards small and rural hospitals.
Large and medium-sized hospitals (peer groups 1–4)
Large or medium-sized hospitals can earn up to an extra 5 percent toward their operating costs. Here’s some more information:
- 2016 Hospital Pay-for-Performance Program (PDF)
- 2016 Collaborative Quality Initiatives Performance Index Guide (PDF)
- 2016 Pay-for-Performance Michigan Value Collaborative Technical Document (PDF)
- 2015 CEO Attestation Form (PDF)
- 2015 Hospital Pay-for-Performance Program (PDF)
- 2015 Collaborative Quality Initiatives Performance Index Guide (PDF)
Small rural hospitals (peer group 5)
Small hospitals can show value to their community by meeting expectations for care access, quality and effectiveness. Here’s some more information: