Why offer a POS network
- Options of both PPO and HMO plans at a more affordable price.
- This network offers out-of-state coverage for eligible employees.
- Employees can receive care in or out of network; they'll just pay more for out-of-network care.
How POS plans work
We can help you balance what matters most to you and your employees — cost and choice. A POS network combines the two most common types of health insurance plans, HMO and PPO, giving them flexibility and affordability.
This network also makes it easy for your employees to seek care using our vast HMO network. If your employee has a Michigan address, they’ll need to select a primary care provider, or PCP. They can still go to a specialist and other phsycians without a referral. If your employee lives outside of Michigan, they won’t have to choose a PCP.
This offers you an exceptional value. It also gives your employees the option of both in- and out-of-network doctors, hospitals and specialists. Even though a referral isn’t required, certain services will still require prior approval by BCN.
In-network versus out-of-network providers
- In-network providers are BCN HMO contracted providers and out-of-state BlueCard participating providers. Members pay less out of pocket when they’re seen by these providers.
- Out-of-network providers are other providers within the U.S. that aren’t BCN HMO contracted providers or BlueCard participating providers.
Use these toolkits to educate your employees on how to get the most out of their health plan.View all
Help your employees learn more about prevention, coverage and care of COVID-19View toolkit
Help your employees understand how to enroll in a health care plan.View toolkit
Educate your employees on the importance of getting the flu shot during flu season.View toolkit
Using an online account
Help your employees learn how to manage their online account at bcbsm.com.View toolkit
Explore health care insights
Read about the latest news and innovations from the experts themselves.See all insights
Blue Cross Masterclass
Join a live presentation with our health care experts, examining topics you've told us mean the most to your business.Reserve your seat
What you need to know about the coronavirus
Read the latest updates on how officials and are responding to the global pandemic.Read more
Resources to share with your employees
Browse brochures, videos and posters designed to help your employees get the most out of their Blue Cross coverage.View toolkits