How to apply for a Strengthening the Safety Net grant
Who is this for?
If you’re a clinic in Michigan that provides free health care to uninsured and underinsured residents, this information tells you how to apply for a Strengthening the Safety Net grant.
We're no longer accepting applications. Check back in May.
Affordable health care and healthy communities go hand-in-hand. That’s why Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan believes in giving a hand to free health clinics in Michigan. Our Strengthening the Safety Net grants help them reach low-income residents who might otherwise go without health care.
If your clinic serves the uninsured and underinsured and you’d like to apply for a grant, here’s what you need to do.
About the grants
Clinics that provide free or low-cost health care can apply for the Strengthening the Safety Net grant. This includes medical, dental, mental health, vision and specialty care services. Applicants must help patients enroll in the Healthy Michigan Plan or other coverage. You can apply for funds in one of the following categories.
- Eligible dental clinics can apply for up to $15,000 to support operations.
- Eligible medical clinics can apply for up to $10,000 to support operations.
- Eligible medical clinics can also apply for up to $10,000 for service enhancement, but these awards require a $5,000 match.
How to apply
Please review the grant requirements and application forms.
- Request for applications (PDF)
- Conditions of grant (PDF)
- Grant application (PDF)
- Budget and measurement form (PDF)
- Frequently asked questions (PDF)
- Informational webinar presentation (PDF)
- Status report form (PDF)
- ACH Form (PDF)
- Local Media Form (PDF)
- Form W-9
Then you need complete:
- Grant application
- Budget and measurement form
- Emailed copies of required attachments
Email us at email@example.com.