What do I need to do to get started with my HMO plan?
Who is this for?
If you’re a new Blue Care Network member, this information will help you get started with your plan.
If you’ve recently enrolled in one of our Blue Care Network plans, you might be wondering what to do next.
These few simple steps will get you started:
- Choose a primary care physician for yourself and each of your family members. A primary care physician coordinates your health care. Your doctor will maintain your medical records, provide routine care and refer you to specialists. You can search for a primary care physician at bcbsm.com.
- Once you pick a primary care physician, just let us know. You can tell us your selection on your enrollment form, through your online account at the top of this screen or by calling the number on the back of your Blues ID card.
- Schedule a doctor's appointment. Get to know your primary care physician by scheduling an annual physical. It's a good time to discuss your health history, including any prescription or over-the-counter medications you take.
- Register for an account at bcbsm.com. Creating an account gives you access to all of your coverage information. You'll be able to view your claims and benefits information, take your health assessment and more.
- Get more information in our online Help Center. You’ll find lots of information in our Help Center, including links to member handbooks, frequently asked questions and toolkits.
- Contact us if you need help.