Fraud Case Files
Real-life health care fraud cases in Michigan
A Southfield social worker uses seniors' insurance information to submit phony claims.
A northern Michigan physician illegally prescribes painkillers to patients.
A man copies a coworker's insurance information to fill prescriptions for a dangerous and addictive painkiller.
A chiropractor prescribes more than $1.5 million worth of medically unnecessary back braces to senior citizens.
Read about these and other true stories from our fraud case files below.
- Warren doctor pleads guilty to fraud scheme
- Chiropractor found guilty of fraud — services for his children were never rendered
- Abuse of Prescription Drugs Exploding in Michigan
- Be aware of fraudulent email scams
- Pharmacy employee commits fraud
- Orthopedic surgeon makes a living prescribing controlled drugs
- Be proactive: Monitor your own credit
- Home health care fraud scheme dismantled
- Some doctor shoppers don't use coupons, they steal identities
- Walker chiropractor and his wife convicted of fraud