How does the grievance and appeals process work for UAW Trust members?

We want you to be happy with your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan plan offered through UAW Trust. But we know sometimes, things happen to make you unhappy or frustrated.

When you run into a problem, the first thing you should do is let us know. Call the number on the back of your card and we'll do the best we can to help you.

If you're still unhappy with how things are, then you can take the next step by filing an official complaint. It's called a grievance or an appeal depending on what type of complaint you make.

  • Grievances are a type of complaint you make about us or one of our providers, including concerns about the quality of your care. 
  • Appeals are a type of complaint you make when you want us to change a decision we made about what services or drugs your plan covers, or what we’ll pay for them.

Learn more about how to file a grievance or appeal

From here, the process you need to follow changes depending on which plan you have.

For Medicare Advantage PPO and BCN Advantage members
For Blue Care Network members 
For Traditional Care Network and Enhanced Care PPO members

Need more help?

If you can't find what you're looking for, we're happy to help.