How do I read my explanation of benefits statement?
You'll get an explanation of benefits, or EOB, from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan to help you keep track of how you use your UAW Trust plan. An EOB is not a bill, even though there are dollar amounts listed. You'll get an EOB only if you used your benefits.
The EOB will show you:
- The services performed and where they were performed
- What the provider billed
- What we paid
- The amount you owe
- Any services we don't cover as part of your plan
- Your current deductible and out-of-pocket maximum balances
You'll see a detailed explanation for each section, so it's easy to understand. You'll also get important information about your coverage with tips to lower your health care costs and improve your health.
Review your EOBs online
You can view your EOBs online by logging in to your account at bcbsm.com. If you don't have an online account, you can register for one. Follow these steps to get started:
- After logging in, select Claims in the blue bar near the top.
- Select explanation of benefits statements.