How can I get extra dental, vision and hearing coverage with my BCN AdvantageSM plan?
Who is this for?
If you're a BCN AdvantageSM member, this will tell you how to get extra dental, vision and hearing coverage to go with your plan.
When you have a cavity, blurry vision or hearing problems, it can have just as much of an impact on your quality of life as a sore back. So when you buy a health insurance plan, it’s nice to know that dental, vision and hearing care are covered.
What our plans cover
All our BCN Advantage HMO-POS or HMO plans include:
- Dental exams
- Dental cleanings
- Vision exams
- Cataract surgery
- Glasses or contacts after cataract surgery
What our plans don’t cover
- Common dental procedures like fillings, crowns and root canals.
- Some of our plans don’t cover glasses and contacts.
- Routine hearing exams or hearing aids.
Optional supplemental dental, vision and hearing plan
If you want more complete dental, vision and hearing coverage, you can add a supplemental plan for an extra monthly premium. This plan covers:
- Fillings, root canals, simple tooth extractions, crowns and crown repairs with 50 percent coinsurance.
- Dental fluoride treatments and brush biopsies with no copay.
- We pay up to $1,000 per year for dental care.
- $200 toward glasses or contacts every two years.
- One routine hearing exam per year with 50 percent coinsurance.
- Hearing aid fitting every three years with 50 percent coinsurance.
- Hearing aids every three years. We pay up to $250 per ear.
How do I enroll in the dental, vision and hearing plan?
You can enroll in this plan online when you enroll in your BCN Advantage HMO-POS or HMO plan.
Or you can download a paper application from our Forms page.