For providers: web-DENIS Overview
Who is this for?
If you want to get info about patients and claims online, this gives you basic information about using web-DENIS in Provider Secured Services.
Web-DENIS is our online information system for providers. It's in Provider Secured Services. You can use it to look up eligibility, copays, benefits, claims and more for patients covered by:
- All our plans except Blue Cross Complete
- Other Blue Cross Blue Shield plans
Who can use web-DENIS?
Providers in Michigan are eligible to use web-DENIS. These providers outside of Michigan can also access web-DENIS:
- Clinical Independent Laboratory
- Durable Medical Equipment Supplier
- Freestanding Radiology Center
- Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility
- Physiological Laboratory
How do I get access to web-DENIS?
You need to sign up for Provider Secured Services. Each staff member who'll be using web-DENIS must have their own user ID and password to log in. The link below will take you to an article that gives instructions and forms for:
- Providers that already use Provider Secured Services but need to add or change access
- Providers that have never used Provider Secured Services
What's in web-DENIS?
Depending on the kind of provider you are, web-DENIS gives you access to:
- Subscriber information: Eligibility, coordination of benefits, deductibles, benefit and name search, alpha prefix lookup (located under Eligibility/Coverage/COB coverage)
- Facility claims: Claims tracking, rejection and GI code descriptions, HCPCS code descriptions, authorization history
- Professional claims: Claims tracking, commercial payer information search, non-payment code descriptions, Blue Care Network primary care physician claims summary
- Hospital prenotification