How to participate in PGIP as an individual practitioner
Primary care and specialist practitioners must join a PGIP participating physician organization (PO) to participate in the Physician Group Incentive Program. Currently, there are more than 40 physician POs throughout the state in participating in PGIP. Access the current list of PGIP physician organizations (PDF).
A practitioner can be a member of only one PO for the purposes of PGIP. In order to be eligible to participate in PGIP, a practitioner must:
- Participate in the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PPO/TRUST or Traditional lines of business
- Be in good standing with the network
- Be a medical doctor, doctor of osteopathy, doctor of chiropractic, or doctor of podiatric medicine. Licensed psychologists are also eligible to participate in the program.
If you're an individual practitioner with questions about participating in PGIP, contact your provider consultant.
Not sure who your provider consultant is? Visit our Contact us page to find out.
Join a physician organization
Each PGIP participating PO has its own criteria for membership. Practitioners should contact an organization directly to discuss its specific criteria.
Following are some general requirements that practitioners must meet in order to join a PGIP participating PO. Practitioners must:
- Be committed to working on improving health care and outcomes for attributed patients.
- Agree to implement process changes using an all-payer approach, meaning that care provided to patients is the same regardless of payer.