Providers Who Submit Their Own Claims
Still submitting paper claims?
You can submit directly through this website:
To assist you in your transition to electronic billing, we've developed the Internet Claim Submission Tool. This online tool is designed for providers who currently submit only paper claims.
You are eligible to use the Internet Claim Submission Tool if you have a valid Michigan provider code and currently do not submit any claims electronically.
Signing up is easy. Here's what you need to do.
1. Complete the appropriate Internet Claim Tool profile:
Already purchased electronic billing software?
If you've decided to bill us electronically using billing software you purchased from a vendor on our preferred vendor list (PDF), you must:
- Call the EDI Help Desk at 1-800-542-0945 or email us to get a submitter ID and instructions.
- Complete a Trading Partner Agreement once your billing software is installed and ready for use.
- Submit your own claims using software you've designed
Developed your own electronic billing software?
To become an approved submitter, you must meet our testing requirements (PDF) and complete these steps:
- Complete self-testing.
- Once you have completed self-testing and received three passed files for each line of business tested, call the number on the test instruction letter to begin subsystem testing. If you have not received testing instructions, please contact the EDI help desk at 1-800-542-0945.