How to apply for a Strengthening the Safety Net grant
Who is this for?
If you’re a clinic in Michigan that provides free health care to uninsured and underinsured residents, this information tells you how to apply for a Strengthening the Safety Net grant.
Affordable health care and healthy communities go hand-in-hand. That’s why Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan believes in giving a hand to free health clinics in Michigan. Our Strengthening the Safety Net grants help them reach low-income residents who might otherwise go without health care.
If your clinic serves the uninsured and underinsured and you’d like to apply for a grant, here’s what you need to do.
About the grants
Clinics that provide free or low-cost health care can apply for the Strengthening the Safety Net grant. This includes medical, dental, mental health, vision and specialty care services. Applicants must help patients enroll in the Healthy Michigan Plan or other coverage. You can apply for the 2016 Strengthening the Safety Net grant in one of the following categories.
- Clinic Operations – Clinics that provide episodic care and serve more than 100 uninsured or underinsured patients annually may apply for up to $10,000 for operations.
- Medical Homes – Clinics that serve as health care homes and treat more than 1,000 safety net patients or bill Medicaid for services are eligible for up to $25,000 to support team-based care. Awards at this level require a $10,000 match.
How to apply
Please review and complete the grant requirements and application forms. Please apply by June 9, 2016.
- Request for applications (PDF)
- Conditions of grant (PDF)
- Grant application (PDF)
- Budget and measurement form (PDF)
- Frequently asked questions (PDF)
- Informational webinar presentation (PDF)
- Status report form (PDF)
- ACH form (PDF)
- Local media form (PDF)
- Form W-9
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.