How to apply for a Strengthening the Safety Net grant
Who is this for?
If you’re a clinic in Michigan that provides free health or dental care to uninsured and underinsured residents, this information tells you how to apply for a Strengthening the Safety Net grant.
Affordable health care and healthy communities go hand-in-hand. That’s why Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan believes in giving a hand to free health clinics in Michigan. Our Strengthening the Safety Net grants help them reach low-income residents who might otherwise go without health care.
If your clinic serves the uninsured and underinsured and you’d like to apply for a grant, here’s what you need to do.
About the grants
Clinics that provide free or low-cost health care for uninsured and underinsured community members can apply for the Strengthening the Safety Net grant. This includes medical, dental, mental health, vision, pharmacy and specialty care services. All grantees are expected to provide health or dental care, health insurance enrollment services, clinical quality assurance and referrals to services outside of the clinic that influence health. You can apply for the 2017 Strengthening the Safety Net grant in one of the following categories.
- Clinic Operations – Safety net clinics that provide episodic care and treat more than 100 uninsured and underinsured patients annually are eligible to apply for up to $12,500 to support their operations.
- Medical and Dental Homes – Clinics that serve as medical or dental homes and are open for at least 30 hours per week or bill Medicaid are eligible to apply for up to $25,000 to support team-based approaches to care. Awards at this level require a $10,000 match.
How to apply
Please review and complete the grant requirements and application forms. Please apply by June 9, 2017.
- Request for applications (PDF)
- Application (PDF)
- Automated Clearing House electronic payment form (PDF)
- Budget and Measurement Form (PDF)
- Conditions of Grant (PDF)
- Frequently asked questions (PDF)
- IRS Form W-9
- Local media form (PDF)
- Mid-year status report form (PDF)
- Year-end status report form (PDF)
Questions about Strengthening the Safety Net grants?
Email us at email@example.com.