Do you want to learn what subrogration means? Maybe you want to work with us as a supplier or a member of our board of directors. Here you'll find articles explaining aspects of health insurance that don't quite fit under any other label.
Select a topic below to learn more.
Frequently asked questions
- What do I need to know about the 1095-B tax form?
Find out what the 1095-B tax form is and what information we need to make sure it's correct.
- How can my company become a supplier to BCBSM and BCN?
This information can help companies that want to know how to become a vendor or supplier for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network.
- What is subrogation?
Learn more about what happens if Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan asks you to be part of subrogation.
- How to recognize and report health care fraud
Find out how and where to call to report health insurance fraud.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Board of Directors FAQ
If you’re interested in becoming a member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Board of Directors, this will help you understand how the board works and how to apply.
- Blue Care Network Board of Directors FAQ
If you’re interested in becoming a member of the Blue Care Network Board of Directors, this will help you understand how the board works and how to apply.
- How can my organization sign up for a grant?
Explains how nonprofit organizations can sign up for grants offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Foundation.
- How to apply for a Community Health Matching grant
Would your organization like to apply for a Community Health Matching grant? Learn how to tell if you qualify for one and how to apply.
- How to nominate someone for the Claude Pepper Award
Do you know someone who has demonstrated a strong concern for the special needs of older adults? Learn how to nominate an outstanding senior citizen advocate for the Claude Pepper Award.
- How to nominate an organization for the Senior Advocate Award
Learn how to nominate an exceptional organization that provides older adults with health or social services they need to live meaningful lives.
- How to apply for a Building Healthy Communities program
Michigan schools that want to apply for the Building Healthy Communities program can get more information here.
- How to apply for a Strengthening the Safety Net grant
Get access to the information needed for free health clinics in Michigan to apply for a Strengthening the Safety Net grant.
- How do I get help quitting tobacco?
Learn about how Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan can help you quit smoking.
- What is Win by Losing?
Losers are winners when you participate in the Win by Losing weight loss competition for our group customers and their employees. Learn more here.
- How to request legal records
Are you an attorney? We can help you learn how to request copies of legal records.
- How to request personal records
If you need access to protected health information, whether it’s your own or someone else’s, this article will guide you through the process of requesting it.
- Advance directive FAQ
If you’re ready to prepare for the future by making decisions about your medical treatment in advance, this information can help you learn more about advance directives.
- How to use our mobile site
Learn how you can access your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network account on a mobile phone or tablet.
- What's the 1095 tax form for health insurance?
There are three versions of the 1095 tax form: 1095-A, 1095-B and 1095-C. Learn more about how they affect your Blues plan here.
- What do I need to know about the 1095-A tax form?
If you bought a 2015 individual health insurance plan from the marketplace at healthcare.gov, you'll get a 1095-A tax form. Learn more about it here.