Health Care Reform
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is going to change how health care is financed, delivered and regulated for years to come. What does it mean for you? Read our frequently asked questions below to stay informed on all the latest changes in health care reform.
Select a topic below to learn more.
Frequently asked questions
- What does health care reform mean for me?
Understand more about health care reform and what it means to you.
- How do I get help paying for health insurance in 2014?
If you’re looking for individual health insurance, this information will explain how health care reform can help you pay for it.
- If I’m nearing 65, what does health care reform mean for me?
If you’re enrolled—or thinking about enrolling—in Medicare, we can help you understand how your coverage will be affected by health care reform.
- What does health care reform mean for women’s preventive care?
Women can find out what preventive care is available under the new health care reform laws.
- How does health care reform affect coverage of pre-existing conditions?
Are you a Michigan resident with pre-existing conditions? Find options for health insurance under the new health reform laws.
- Health Care Reform FAQ for Individuals
If you have individual health insurance, this information will help you understand how health care reform will affect you.
- What does health care reform mean for young adults?
If you’re a young adult, this information explains how health care reform will make it easier for you to get health insurance.
Calculators and tools
- Health Insurance Tax Estimator
We've created health insurance tax estimators to help you figure out how new state taxes and health care reform will affect you and your budget.