Health Care Reform
The Affordable Care Act changed how health care is financed, delivered and regulated. What kinds of changes did it mean for you? Read our frequently asked questions to learn about health care reform.
What you need to know about health care reform
- What is the Affordable Care Act?
Learn about the Affordable Care Act passed in 2010 and how it changed health coverage and care.
- What does health care reform mean for me?
Understand more about health care reform and what it means for you.
- What does health care reform mean for young adults?
If you’re a young adult, this information explains how health care reform will make it easier for you to get health insurance.
- If I’m nearing 65, what does health care reform mean for me?
If you're preparing to enroll in Medicare, we can help you understand how your coverage will be affected by health care reform.
How health care reform works
- How does health care reform affect coverage of pre-existing conditions?
Learn why health insurance companies can't turn you down for coverage because you're sick or have a medical condition.
- Does the health care reform law require everyone to buy health insurance?
Get information about how health care reform makes health care more affordable and available to Americans.
- How do I get help paying for health insurance?
If you’re looking for individual health insurance, this information will explain how health care reform can help you pay for it.
- What’s the Federal Poverty Level?
We can help you understand how the Federal Poverty Level is calculated by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Where can I get more information about health care reform?
Find out where to learn more about health care reform and the Affordable Care Act.
- Health Insurance Taxes and Fees FAQ for Individuals
If you have individual health insurance, this information will help you understand how health care reform will affect you.