As a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network (HMO) member, there is so much to learn about your health care benefits that it can seem overwhelming. To make it easier, we have summarized below how you can get the care you need when you need it.
Frequently asked questions
- How do tiered copays work?
Does your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan plan offer tiered copays? Learn more about how they work and what you can expect to pay for office visits.
- How to get care while you're traveling
Find out how to take your health care benefits with you no matter where you travel.
- How quickly can I expect to get a doctor’s appointment?
If you are an HMO plan member, find out what to expect when scheduling your doctors' appointments.
- How do I find a dentist?
Do you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan dental plan? Start here to find a dentist.
- How do I find a doctor?
Locate a doctor or hospital near you with our helpful tool.
- What happens if my doctor leaves your network?
Want to stay with your doctor when they leave our network? Here's how.
- What do I need to know about primary care physicians and specialists?
Learn more about your options for getting care from primary care physicians and specialists.
- How can I find a Blue Distinction® Center?
If you have a serious illness, learn how to get quality specialty care through our Blue Distinction Centers.
- Should I go to the emergency room or urgent care?
Learn the difference between emergency rooms and urgent care centers so you can get the right kind of treatment when you're injured or seriously ill.
Plan documents and forms
- Help with Health Care Brochures
Looking for resources for the uninsured in Michigan? Our Help with Health Care Brochures have valuable information.