What happens after I've enrolled?
Who is this for?
If you just enrolled in one of our 2014 plans for individuals and families, this explains what we do next, what you can do, and how to make a payment.
We're glad you've chosen us as your health insurance company. So what happens next?
- We confirm your plan selection the same day you make it.
- You'll receive a new ID card, a welcome packet and a benefit guide approximately seven to 10 days after that confirmation.
- Once you have your ID card, if you haven't already, register for an account on bcbsm.com. It has lots of great resources and features for managing your account.
- Did you enroll in an HMO plan from Blue Care Network (Blue Cross® Partnered, Select or Preferred or Personal Plus℠)? You'll need to choose a primary care physician if you don't have one.
- Did you enroll in a plan that pairs with a health savings account? You can open a Healthy Blue HSA℠. It's our way of making an HSA easy for you.
How to make your first payment
Once you get your bill, here's how you can make your first payment for your 2014 plan.
Note: For plans that will become effective on Jan. 1, 2014, you'll receive your first bill between Dec. 18 and Dec. 24, 2013.
- If you don't have one already, register for an account on bcbsm.com. Then you can sign up for eBilling and make your payment.
- Call the Customer Service number on the back of your ID card. We'll help you make your payment over the phone to activate your coverage right away. We can also help you enroll in automated payments for paying future bills and telll you about using eBilling to manage your payments online.
- Mail in your payment by following the instructions on your bill.
- Visit one of our walk-in centers in person to make your payment.
Our Payment FAQ explains more.