What happens after I've enrolled?
Who is this for?
If you just enrolled in one of our plans for individuals and families, this explains what we do next, what you can do, and how to make a payment.
We're glad you've chosen us as your health insurance company. So what happens next?
- You'll receive a new ID card and a welcome message within two weeks after you enroll.
- Once you have your ID card, if you haven't already, register for an account on bcbsm.com. It has lots of great resources and features for managing your account.
- Do you have a particular doctor you want to keep seeing? Did you make sure they're in your plan's network? If not, see How can I find out if my doctor is in my plan's network? You'll need to have the name of your plan handy.
- Did you enroll in an HMO plan from Blue Care Network: Blue Cross® Partnered, Metro Detroit HMO, Select or Preferred? You'll need to choose a primary care physician if you don't have one.
- Did you enroll in a plan that pairs with a health savings account? You can open a Blue Cross Health Savings Account with Health Equity. It's our way of making an HSA easy for you.
- If you decide the plan you enrolled in isn't right for you, see How do I change an individual and family plan?