Getting started with Healthy Blue Living℠
Who is this for?
This will help you to understand the requirements of the Healthy Blue Living program. This program relies on your participation and is sponsored by employers.
Healthy Blue Living
With Healthy Blue Living, you'll have lower health care costs when you live healthy. Members can save on out-of-pocket costs by meeting six health targets and by filling out and submitting to us two simple forms. Even if you're a smoker, or your body mass index is over 30, you're still eligible for this program.
Healthy Blue Living is a plan that's sponsored by your employer and relies on your participation. It has two levels: standard and enhanced. To get the enhanced level—lower deductibles and copays—you have to meet the plan requirements. If you don't meet the requirements, you’ll still have the same great plan but at the standard level, with higher out-of-pocket costs.
To earn the enhanced level, you need to meet these health goals:
- Blood pressure: Below 140/90
- Blood sugar: At or below target level
- Cholesterol: LDL below target (may be <100, <130 or <160)
- Depression: In full remission
- Tobacco use: If you use tobacco, enroll in Tobacco Cessation Coaching, powered by WebMD®.
- Weight: Body mass index below 30. If your BMI is 30 or more, you'll have to sign up for a weight management program to keep or earn the enhanced level. If you don't make a weight management choice within 120 days of your plan start date, everyone on your contract will move to the standard level. For more information, read our Healthy Blue Living Weight Management Program (PDF).
Why did we pick these? They have a huge impact on your health and health care costs for everyone. Managing them also reduces your chances of developing one or more chronic or disabling diseases.
From the time your health care coverage starts, you have 90 days to:
- Schedule a physical with your primary care physician.
- Have your primary care physician fill out the Healthy Blue Living BCN Qualification Form (PDF) and submit it for you. This form has to be sent electronically.
- Log in to your account and take the health assessment. If you don't have internet access, request a paper copy of the assessment by calling 1-855-326-5098.
WebMD Health Services is an independent company supporting Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network by providing health and wellness services.