Getting started with Healthy Blue Living℠
Who is this for?
This will help you to understand the requirements of the Healthy Blue Living program. This program relies on your participation and is sponsored by your employers.
Healthy Blue Living
With Healthy Blue Living, you'll have lower health care costs when you live healthy. Members can save on copays and deductibles by following six requirements and by filling out two simple forms. Even if you're a smoker, or your body mass index is over 30, you may still be eligible for this program.
Healthy Blue Living is a plan that's sponsored by your employers and relies on your participation. It has two benefit levels: standard and enhanced. To get the enhanced benefits—lower deductibles and copays—you have to be working towards the plan requirements. If you don't participate in the requirements, you’ll get the standard benefit level, with higher out-of-pocket costs.
These requirements are based on working to meet health goals in six areas:
- Tobacco use
- Weight: to have a body mass index below 30.
- Blood pressure: below 140/90)
- Cholesterol (LDL below target; may be <100, <130 or <160)
- Depression: in full remission
- Blood sugar (at or below target)
Why did we pick these? They have a huge impact on your health and health care costs for everyone. Managing them also reduces your chances of developing one or more chronic or disabling diseases.
You can learn more about the plan in the Healthy Blue Living Member Guide (PDF).
From the time your health care coverage starts, you have 90 days to follow these steps.
- First, you need to schedule a physical with your primary care physician.
- They'll fill out the Healthy Blue Living BCN Qualification Form (PDF) and submit it for you. This form has to be sent electronically.
- Next, you'll need to log in to your account and take the health assessment. If you don't have Internet access, you can request a paper copy of the assessment by calling 1-800-873-0509.