What do I need to do to get started with my HMO plan?
Who is this for?
If you’re a new Blue Care Network (HMO) member, this information will help you learn how to get started with your plan.
If you’ve recently enrolled in one of our Blue Care Network HMO plans, you might be wondering how to get the most out of your health care coverage.
These few simple steps will get you started with your plan:
- Choose a primary care physician for you and each of your family members. A primary care physician coordinates your health care. They’ll maintain your medical records, provide routine care and refer you to specialists. You can choose your primary care physician using Find a Doctor.
- Schedule your physical exam. Your primary care physician will complete your health profile after a physical. This profile is your health history, including any prescription or over-the-counter medications you take. Your doctor will also discuss any health concerns you may have.
- Create your Online Member Account. Creating an account gives you access to all of your personal health information. Plus you’ll be able to take a health assessment, view your claim details, get health reminders and more.
- Get help from our online Help Center. You’ll find lots of information in our Help Center, including links to member handbooks, frequently asked questions and toolkits.
Check out our Help Center
- Contact us if you need help.