Frequently Asked Questions
How health insurance works
- How do deductibles, coinsurance and copays work?
This page defines the common terms deductible, coinsurance and copay, and explains how they affect your health care costs.
- What’s the difference between in-network and out-of-network benefits?
Learn how choosing between in-network or out-of-network doctors and facilities can affect how much you pay for your health care services.
- What’s the difference between HMO, PPO and EPO plans?
Watch a video and find out more about what makes HMOs, PPOs and EPOs unique so you can choose the one that’s right for your health care needs.
Understanding my benefits
- How to read your Explanation of Benefits
Get help reading your explanation of benefits statement.
- Autism coverage FAQ
If you’re a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network member, this will help you understand recent changes in autism coverage.
- Should I go to the emergency room or urgent care?
Learn the difference between emergency rooms and urgent care centers so you can get the right kind of treatment when you're injured or seriously ill.
Managing my account
- Payments FAQ
If you pay the bills for an individual health care plan through us, this information will help you understand more about the payment process.
- How can I choose or change my primary care physician online?
It's easy to manage your health care information online. Find out how to make changes or choose your primary care physician here.
- How can I resolve a problem with my PPO or EPO claim?
Learn how to report a problem with a claim and the appeals and grievance process.
- How can I resolve a problem with my HMO coverage?
Learn how to report a problem with your claim using the grievance and appeals process.