Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan has been honored for many achievements over the years. They range from innovative health care programs, to our diversity practices, community leadership and more. Here are the most recent awards and recognition we’ve received.
Top regional honors for diversity
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan was the only company from the state in 2012 to make DiversityInc’s Top 10 Regional Companies list for diversity management. We also:
- Placed fifth in Diversity MBA magazine's Fifty Out Front for Diversity Leadership: Best Places for Diverse Managers to Work.
- Were recognized as one of 25 noteworthy companies nationally by DiversityInc.
Best of Blue Awards from the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
Applications are judged by Harvard Medical School, Department of Health Care Policy. In 2011, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan received the following awards:
- BlueWorks Award: Michigan Bariatric Surgery Collaborative Quality Initiative and Michigan Surgery Quality Collaborative (for combined efforts)
- Best of Blue Clinical Distinction Award: Michigan Bariatric Surgery Collaborative Quality Initiative
- Best of Blue Clinical Distinction Award: Michigan Surgical Quality Collaborative
- Best of Blue Clinical Distinction Award: Improving Oncology Practice Care Quality
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan was recognized with the Michigan Cancer Consortium’s highest honor for its work in leading three collaborations that improve cancer diagnosis and care in Michigan.