Check it out: Your sneak peek inside BlueHealthConnection®
What if your company could create a culture of wellness for employees with health information they could use whenever they needed it?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan can make it easy for your employees to understand what good health looks like and how they can achieve it.
Our BlueHealthConnection Engage™ online health management program has the tools they’ll need to set and reach personal goals for healthier lives. We help them find answers to their health questions with our collection of digital health coaching programs, more than 90,000 evidence-based health articles, podcasts, videos and clinical animations.
Your employees will love this program and the results:
- 15 percent of the participants lowered their BMI status level
- 69 percent improved their nutrition
- 68 percent improved their ability to manage stress
- 95 percent managed their diabetes better
- 65 percent saw improvement in their health
We have online help tailored to each employee’s particular needs. It’s perfect for people’s busy lives because it’s there exactly when they need it.
We can help them with everything, ranging from nutrition and healthy living to managing chronic conditions like diabetes and heart disease.
What’s your score? Assessing employee health
We get your employees started by looking at their overall health and tracking progress on personal health goals.
Our health assessment helps your employees set health improvement priorities in a very personalized way. It looks at each person’s unique needs, like what motivates them or how ready they are to make health changes. Employees get personalized plan recommendations based on their answers.
The health assessment checks things like:
- Blood pressure
- Total cholesterol
- HDL cholesterol
- LDL cholesterol
- Height, weight and waist measurement
- Immunizations and recent health screenings
After taking the health assessment, your employees can start making healthier choices and find out if they’re at risk for chronic conditions such as diabetes or heart disease.
Digital health coaching keeps things on track
Once they answer questions about lifestyle and behaviors, your employees will get a lifestyle score. It lets them know how they’re doing with healthy behaviors. They also get a personalized plan to help them prioritize things they can do to improve that score.
Along the way, we help your employees stay on track.
Our digital health coaching programs give them guidance on topics like:
- Smoking cessation
- Weight management
- Binge eating
- Chronic conditions
- Pain management
- Back care
An interactive way to learn about good health
We're here to support your employees' lifestyle changes by helping them learn more about health issues. BlueHealthConnection gives your employees access to an impressive collection of information.
Our library of more than 90,000 health articles keeps them informed on topics like asthma, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, obesity and pregnancy.
Our step-by-step personal tracking with online and smartphone-enabled tools lets your employees keep an eye on physical activity, calories and weight.
We even have calculators, quizzes, risk assessments, videos and podcasts to engage your employees in learning more about healthy lifestyles.
With BlueHealthConnection, your employees can stay connected with their plan for good health whenever it’s most convenient for them.
Building success with support
We also give your employees the support they need with resources like:
- Case management to help help employees coordinate their care and deal with complex health issues.
- Care transition to home that coordinates after-hospital care and patient education to try to lower a patient's risk of ending up back in the hospital.
- A 24/7 nurse phone line to give your employees access to expert care so they can manage health problems whenever they arise.
- Wellness coaching that helps your employees set health goals and motivates them to get healthy and stay healthy.
- Worksite health screenings to test cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure and weight management along with advice on how to manage them.
- Wellness classes to inspire healthy behavior changes in areas like back care, diabetes, fitness, nutrition, smoking cessation and stress management.
- Chronic condition management to help employees with chronic conditions learn how to better self-manage their condition and take control of their health.
With all of these tools available, it’s easy to see why Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is a smart choice for businesses looking for an edge.
Still wondering how to make your make your company’s culture of wellness a reality?
Contact us today to find out how!