Follow-up Care

As you begin thinking about taking your next trip, you may be wondering how you will continue to receive care for an existing illness or injury while you are away. If so, you will want to talk to your primary care physician (PCP) to coordinate your follow-up care while you are traveling. 

What you will need:

  • Before you travel, fill in the first two sections of our Transfer of Medical Information Form (PDF). Your PCP will complete the rest of the form and will give you a referral to take with you on your trip. 
  • We also suggest that you contact Customer Service to get details about your health care benefits before you travel as options for members can vary depending upon your benefits.

If you are traveling outside of Michigan, but in the United States, you can use the Blue National Doctor & Hospital Finder to find a list of participating doctors.

Still need help?

We're just a phone call away.

Contact us

Related forms and documents

Transfer of Medical Information Form (PDF)

Was this helpful?