Marriage Qualifying Life Event

When you're choosing china patterns, choose a new health plan too. We can help you find the coverage that meets both of your needs as you start a new life together.

When can you apply for coverage?

Special enrollment

If you had a qualifying event, you may be eligible for special enrollment. This is your chance to change your current plan or buy a new one for the current year. Special enrollment can occur during or after open enrollment.

Application deadlines

In order to enroll in a new plan with your spouse, you must apply for health coverage within 60 days after your wedding date.

What do you need to apply?

Required documentation

You will need one of the following:

  • A marriage certificate showing the date of your marriage
  • An official public record of the marriage, including a foreign record of your marriage >
  • A marriage license showing the date of your marriage

ID and method of payment

  • A social security number or tax ID number, and the date of birth for everyone who'll be covered by the plan
  • A credit card if you want to make your first payment

Enroll now


Our health plan advisors and agents can help you find and apply for the right plan to meet your needs and budget. They will also help you find out if you're eligible for a subsidy that lowers the cost of your plan.

Need help choosing a plan? Chat online. Call 1-855-237-3501.