How to apply for the Building Healthy Communities program
Who is this for?
If you want to apply for the Building Healthy Communities program, this information will tell you how.
Could your school benefit from a program designed to help improve the school environment and encourage healthy eating habits and physical activity?
The Building Healthy Communities program might be a good fit for your school. There are three options for schools to consider:
- Elementary school program
- Middle school program
- Step Up for School Wellness program
Who can apply?
The program is open to K-12 (depending on the program) public, charter and private nonprofit schools in Michigan. Schools that have already participated (PDF) in the program are not eligible.
How can I apply?
The application period for the 2015-2016 school year has ended. Please check back in early 2016.
Our collaborating partners help us create healthy school environments and improve the health of Michigan children.
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Michigan Department of Education
- Michigan Fitness Foundation
- Michigan State University Extension
- United Dairy Industry of Michigan
- University of Michigan
- Wayne State University
- Action for Healthy Kids