How can I find a Blue Distinction® Center?
Who is this for?
This information can help if you have a challenging illness and need to find quality specialty care.
When you need specialty care — such as a knee replacement or cancer treatment — you want the best treatment available.
The Blue Distinction Specialty Care Program can help.
Expert doctors and medical organizations help develop the standards for this program from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. The program makes it easy for you to find hospitals that deliver quality, cost-efficient care for:
- Bariatric surgery
- Cardiac care
- Complex and rare cancers
- Knee and hip replacement
- Spine surgery
There are two national designations for hospitals in the program: Blue Distinction Centers and Blue Distinction Centers+.
- Blue Distinction Centers are hospitals that meet the program's quality standards for specialty care.
- Blue Distinction Centers+ are hospitals that meet the program's quality and cost-efficiency standards for specialty care.
Our Find A Doctor tool can help you locate a center near you.
- From the Find A Doctor page, choose the Get Started Button. Under What do you want to do? choose Advanced Search.
- For Step 1, fill in the distance and how you'd like to search. For Step 2, select your plan. Choose Hospitals as your provider type in Step 3.
- Step 4 should pop up. You can fill in any information to narrow your search or go right to Go.
- A list of facilities should follow. When you choose the profile of a hospital, you'll see the type of Blue Distinction designation they have and for which areas.
Designation as Blue Distinction Centers means the facilities' overall experience and aggregate data met objective criteria established in collaboration with expert clinicians' and leading professional organizations' recommendations. Individual outcomes may vary. To find out which services are covered under your policy at any facilities, please call the customer service number on the back of your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network identification card; and call your provider before making an appointment, to verify the most current information on their network participation status. Neither the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association nor any of its licensees, including Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network, are responsible for any damages, losses or noncovered charges that may result from using this website or receiving care from a provider listed on this website.