What medical expenses can I pay with my HSA?
According to the IRS, you can use your health savings account to pay for:
- Eligible medical expenses, including most medical, dental and vision services and prescription drugs.
- Health insurance premiums under COBRA continuation coverage.
- Health insurance premiums if you’re getting unemployment compensation.
- Medicare Part A or Part B premiums if you’re enrolled in Medicare.
- Your qualified long-term care insurance premiums.
If you need more help determining what medical expenses are eligible for reimbursement, download the Qualified Medical Expenses (PDF). This list is only a guide. You’ll want to look at Publication 502 Medical and Dental Expenses (PDF) from the IRS website or talk to a professional legal or tax advisor to know for sure if an expense is eligible.