Grants, Programs and Contributions
The need for programs that promote good health in our communities is increasing. But in many cases, support has decreased.
Not from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. We’ve given more than $15 million over the last 10 years to improve the health of Michigan residents.
- Since 2009, our Building Healthy Communities program has helped more than 180,000 students in more than 390 schools learn to make healthier choices and be more physically active.
- The Strengthening the Safety Net program awards grants to free and low-cost clinics. In just one year, 50 clinics have used these grants to care for more than 62,000 people.
Select a link to learn more and complete an application for your school or safety net health clinic.
- Step Up for School Wellness Program
- Elementary School Program
- Middle School Program - Accepting applications until 5 p.m. Friday, June 17, 2016.
You can visit our Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Foundation website to find out how the foundation funds research and programs to improve health care in Michigan.
In addition to our grants and programs, we welcome requests for contributions. We consider requests from Michigan-based 501(c)3 organizations working to improve health care in our state. Find out more about how to request a contribution.