Ten tips for getting the most out of bcbsm.com
Who is this for?
If you're a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network member, this information will help you get the most out of your account at bcbsm.com.
Your health care follows you everywhere, so it's there when you need it. That's why we made it easier for you to manage your health care online.
With an account at bcbsm.com, you can access essential information about your claims and benefits from your computer, smartphone or tablet, anytime, anywhere.
These tips can help you get to know your account at bcbsm.com. They include advice on how to find things quickly and how to use some of the features you may be less familiar with.
- Your ID card is always with you. If you lose or forget your ID card, you can look up a virtual copy on any smartphone or tablet. Just log in to the mobile version of your account at bcbsm.com, and tap the card icon.
- See how each individual balance feeds into your family balance. This is really important if you have multiple people on your plan. Check out the Overview & Balances page under My Coverage for a graphical breakdown of your family's individual deductible and coinsurance balances and how they combine into your family totals.
- If you have questions, we've got a number for you to call. We'll show you all the numbers you need right from the Contact Us page.
- You control what information your family members see about you. If there are multiple people on your plan, you can choose what access the other members have to your personal information. There are three levels of access: None, Limited and All. Go to Permissions under Account Settings for more information.
- Filter your claims. If you're looking for a specific claim, you can filter by things like date, patient, plan type and more. You can also sort your claims from oldest to newest, or most expensive to least expensive, by clicking on the column titles.
- Use keyboard shortcuts to search your benefits for exactly what you're looking for. There's a lot of information to scroll through in the What's Covered section of your account. Thankfully, the Find function can save you time. Ctrl + F for Windows users, or Command + F if you're on a Mac, will open a search box in your browser window. Just enter a word or phrase, like "autism" or "urgent care." You'll see how many times the word appears and where it lives on the page.
- Use your claims to help you with your budget. With one click, you can export your claims data straight from the website to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. From there, you can easily add it to your other expenses and plan for future spending.
- Increase the font size. If you're having a hard time reading the text because the font is too small, click Change Text Size in the footer. You'll see browser-specific instructions for increasing the font size.
- Save money by buying healthy. You can find special wellness discounts for members on the Health & Wellness page.
- Go paperless to save time, space and trees. If you're tired of receiving your Explanation of Benefits and billing statements in the mail, you can get them in your inbox instead. Go to Paperless Options under Account Settings to switch your statement delivery preferences.