The Michigan Urological Surgery Improvement Collaborative wants to improve health care outcomes for men with prostate cancer, as well as the quality and cost-efficiency of their care. Ultimately, the goal is to provide the best prostate cancer care in the world right here in Michigan.
In working toward this goal, the MUSIC team’s priorities are:
- Evaluating and improving patterns of care in the radiographic staging of men with newly diagnosed prostate cancer
- Assessing repeat prostate biopsy practice patterns and reducing biopsy-related complications
- Improving short and long term radical prostatectomy outcomes
- Enhancing patient-centered decision making among men who are considering local therapy for early-state prostate cancer
- Reducing variation in the use of androgen deprivation therapy
Physician specialty focus: Urology