Blue Care Network Best Practices Library
Blue Care Network is proud to celebrate provider practices that meet high standards for patient care. The practices featured in BCN Provider News from 2011 to 2014 are reprinted below by topic. The practices were selected because they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- These providers have exemplary outcomes in one or more of the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set® measures or Centers for Medicare and Medicaid star ratings that are used to rate our network for quality and effectiveness of care.
- These providers have implemented innovative methods for patient care in specific HEDIS measures or CMS star ratings.
- These providers have significantly improved their patient care in areas measured by HEDIS or CMS.
- These providers received high ratings in the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems® survey.
BCN commends its provider partners for doing their diligence in providing high-quality care to BCN members.
Allen Dumont, M.D., Ann Arbor
Antidepressant medication management
Babar Ahmad, M.D., Lansing
Asthma medication compliance
Carmen Green-Lee, M.D., Ann Arbor
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Lynn Gessner, M.D., Brighton
Mo El-Fouly, M.D., Brighton
Breast cancer screening
George Bruins, M.D., Kentwood
Tiffany Letts, M.D., Wyoming
Sarah Lacy, M.D., Canton
Maria Heck, D.O., Milan
Barry Braver, D.O., Detroit
Steven Bargwell, D.O., Cedar Springs
Douglas Hames, M.D., Eastpointe
Cecilia Ebert, R.N., Fowlerville
Corey Haber, D.O., Auburn Hills
Follow-up after hospitalization for mental illness
Kristin Mecklenburg, MA, LLP, Director of Clinical Services
Forest View Hospital, Grand Rapids
Sharon Geimer, M.D., Sterling Heights
High blood pressure
R. David Brooks, D.O., Ypsilanti
Imaging studies for low back pain
Kenneth Bollin, M.D., St. Clair Shores
David Thorrez, M.D., Ypsilanti
Karen Walker, M.D., Ypsilanti
Karl J. Edelmann, M.D., Ann Arbor
Andrew Seiler, M.D., Ann Arbor
Prenatal and postpartum care
Martha Walsh, M.D., Brighton
John Habicht, M.D., Macomb Township
Gary Lynd, D.O., Jackson
Joel Leib, D.O., Waterford
Upper respiratory infection
Laurie Hult, M.D., Lansing
Brian Gendelman, M.D., Commerce Township
Blue Care Network has identified several quality focus areas for 2014. If you want us to consider your practice or if you would like to nominate a provider who has had success improving patient care in one of the following areas, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The following are topics we plan to cover:
- Spirometry testing for diagnosing COPD
- Pharmacotherapy for treating COPD
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance.