National Provider Identifier FAQ
- What is NPI? How does it affect me?
Find out why we use the NPI and whether it will impact your business practices.
- How many NPIs do I need?
Learn how to align NPI numbers with your provider identification numbers.
- Should I include legacy identifiers on my NPI application?
Learn how legacy identifiers impact the transition to NPI utilization.
- Where can I go for more information about the NPI application process?
Find out what resources you can use for additional help in the NPI application process.
- How do I register my NPIs with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan?
Learn what steps you can take to successfully register an NPI.
- As an electronic submitter, how do I register my NPI with the BCBSM EDI clearinghouse?
Download step-by-step instructions for provider authorization form and get additional resources for NPI registration.
- What are the NPI reporting instructions for incorporated individuals?
Learn what steps to take for NPI compliance when you're an incorporated individual.
- What are the NPI reporting instructions for providers with multiple locations?
Get resources to manage NPI reporting for more than one location.
- What are the NPI reporting instructions for hospital psychiatric and rehabilitation units?
Learn what steps to take to report NPI for hospital rehabilitation and psychiatric facilities.
- What taxonomy codes do I need to include on my electronic claims?
If you're submitting electronic claims, use these resources to make sure you're using the right taxonomy codes.
- How do I submit my NPI?
Learn what steps professional and facility providers need to take to correctly submit an NPI.