Medicare Plus Blue PPO℠ and Blue Cross® Medicare Private Fee for Service plans do not cover hospice services. Send all claims for hospice services to your regional home health intermediary.
There are two exceptions:
- A lapse in hospice coverage
- The service is not covered under Original Medicare but is covered under the plan, such as a covered enhanced benefit
If the service is:
- Related to the terminal condition, submit it to the regional home health intermediary.
- Not related to the terminal condition, submit it to the fiscal intermediary or another carrier as appropriate, Medicare administrative contractor, DME regional carrier, Part D or prescription drug plan.
- Provided during a lapse in hospice coverage, submit the claim to BCBSM.
- Not an Original Medicare benefit, but is an enhanced benefit or supplemental Medicare Plus Blue or Blue Cross® Medicare PFFS benefit (such as dental, hearing or vision services), submit the claim to BCBSM.