Monday through Thursday
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed daily from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Social worker: 1-800-392-2512
After-hours care manager: 1-800-851-3904
(no admissions calls, please)
General fax: 1-800-675-6722
Blue Care Network
Care Management — C336
20500 Civic Center Drive
Southfield, MI 48076
Contact our After-Hours Care Management Hotline for:
- Determining alternatives to inpatient admissions and triage to alternative care settings
- Arranging for emergent home health care, home infusion services and in-home pain control
- Arranging for durable medical equipment
- Emergent discharge planning coordination and authorization
- Expedited appeals of utilization management decisions
- Notifying Blue Cross Network of Blue Cross Complete urgent and emergency inpatient admissions if both demographic and clinical information are available
- We will not authorize admissions without clinical information. Do not use this number to notify Blue Cross Network of an admission for commercial or BCN Advantage HMO℠ members. Admission notification for these members can be done by e-referral, fax or phone the next business day.