Prescription Drug Coverage
Part D prescription drug coverage can be one of the most confusing aspects of Medicare. Whether you're in a Medicare Advantage plan or a Prescription Drug Plan, there are lots of unfamiliar terms and concepts. We’ll break down the big ones, like the coverage gap and drug tiers. And you'll learn how to navigate our drug lists to see if your plan covers your prescriptions.
Find out if your drug is covered
- How do I read a drug list?
If you need to find out whether your Medicare plan covers a specific prescription drug, this guide can help.
- What is step therapy and how does it work?
Some prescription drugs require a special kind of approval called step therapy. Learn more about how this process works.
- What is prior authorization and how does it work?
Sometimes, your pharmacy will ask for your doctor's approval before filling a prescription. Learn why here.
- What if my prescription isn't on the drug list or has new restrictions?
We'll help you understand your options if your prescription isn't on our drug list or needs approval it didn't before.
How prescription drug coverage works
- How do Medicare Part D prescription drug plans work?
You may have heard of the donut hole coverage gap for prescription drugs. Learn more about how this stage of coverage works and what it means for you.
- What's creditable drug coverage?
This explains what you need to know about making sure you have drug coverage that meets Medicare standards.
- How do drug tiers work?
Are you wondering how we decide the price for medications? Learn more about our drug tiers, and how you can find out what your prescription might cost.
Filling your prescription
- Where can I find a pharmacy in my network?
If you have prescription drug coverage through your Medicare plan, read this article for tips on finding a pharmacy.
- What are preferred pharmacies?
Learn how you can lower your costs on prescriptions by using a preferred pharmacy.
- How can I get mail-order prescription services?
If you prefer the convenience of having your prescription drugs mailed to your home, read this to learn more about this service.
- How can I get my prescription filled when traveling?
Find out what to do if you need to visit a pharmacy when you're out of your network.
- What are the benefits of generic drugs?
If you take generic prescription drugs, or you think you might need to, this can help you understand why many doctors prefer them over name-brands.
- How do we promote medication safety?
Learn about our programs that help make sure you're getting the safest, most effective and reasonably-priced medications.
- What is Medication Therapy Management?
If you have a lot of prescriptions, it can be tough to keep track of them all. Read this to find out how our program can help you manage them.
- Where can I learn more about my Prescription Blue PDP group plan?
Learn more about your employer-sponsored Medicare Part D prescription drug plan.