Where can I learn more about my BCN AdvantageSM group plan?
Who is this for?
If you have a BCN Advantage HMO-POS or HMO plan from your employer, here's some helpful information.
You get an exceptional value from a company you trust that has employer-sponsored BCN Advantage℠ group plans.
Our HMO-POS and HMO plans offer great service, worry-free coverage and low out-of-pocket costs. They also give you access to many of the state’s most respected hospitals and doctors.
What you get with BCN Advantage:
- All the benefits of Original Medicare Part A hospital and Part B medical coverage.
- Preventive tests, immunizations and an annual physical exam.
- Benefits that travel with you throughout the U.S., and emergency medical and urgent care worldwide.
- Programs for chronic medical conditions.
- Discount programs for health, safety and fitness services.
- SilverSneakers® fitness program.
Note: Groups have the option of adding benefits not covered by Original Medicare. For more information, please contact us or your employer.
Our benefits include:
- Inpatient hospital care.
- Skilled nursing facility care.
- Physician services, including doctor’s office visits.
- Outpatient surgery, including services provided at hospital facilities. and ambulatory surgical centers.
- Emergency medical care and urgently needed care.
Does my plan have prescription drug coverage?
Your BCN Advantage plan may have drug coverage as part of your benefits. The drugs we cover are listed in a formulary (a list of prescription drugs). A team of Michigan pharmacists, physicians and other health care experts select drugs based on the drugs’ clinical effectiveness, safety and cost savings.
Your BCN drug plan can be either a Medicare Part D plan or one of our other drug plans.
Blue Care Network coverage: Your group may select a different type of Blue Care Network drug plan for you. As long as it covers a minimum of the standard Part D plan, you have creditable coverage.
- Part D: The federal government sets minimum coverage for Part D prescription drug plans. Your plan may include extra benefits depending on what your group has purchased. Contact your employer for more information.
Important forms and documents about the plan:
- BCN Advantage Evidence of Coverage for Group Members (PDF)
- BCN Advantage Evidence of Coverage for Group Members with Part D coverage (PDF)
- Glidepath Michigan Catholic Conference Evidence of Coverage (PDF)
- BCN Advantage Formulary for Groups (PDF)
- Formulary update (PDF)
- Glidepath Michigan Catholic Conference Formulary (PDF)