How can I get extra dental and vision coverage with my BCN AdvantageSM plan?
Who is this for?
If you're a BCN AdvantageSM member, this information will tell you how to get extra dental and vision coverage to go with your plan.
When you have a cavity or blurry vision, it can have just as much of an impact on your quality of life as a sore back. So when you buy a health insurance plan, it’s nice to know that dental and vision care are covered.
What our plans cover
All our BCN Advantage HMO-POS or HMO plans include:
- Dental exams
- Dental cleanings
- Vision exams
- Cataract surgery
- Glasses or contacts after cataract surgery
What our plans don’t cover
- Common dental procedures like fillings, crowns and root canals.
- Some of our plans don’t cover glasses and contacts.
Optional supplemental dental and vision plan
If you want more complete dental and vision coverage, you can add a supplemental plan for an extra monthly premium. This plan covers:
- Fillings, root canals, simple tooth extractions, crowns and crown repairs with 50 percent coinsurance. The plan will pay up to $1,000 per year.
- Dental fluoride treatments and brush biopsies with no copay.
- $200 toward glasses or contacts every two years.
How do I enroll in the dental and vision plan?
You can enroll in this plan online when you enroll in your BCN Advantage HMO-POS or HMO plan.
Or you can download a paper application from our Forms page.