Enrolling and Signing Up
Are you ready to sign up for a Medicare plan? We’ll help you through the steps. You'll find articles that will help you choose the right plan, learn how to enroll and more. And if you’re helping someone else sign up for Medicare, we have tips on that, too.
Frequently asked questions
- When and how do I sign up for Medicare?
When it's time to sign up for a Medicare plan, you want to be ready. Find out what your options are for enrolling and what you'll need to do.
- How can I help someone apply for Medicare?
If your parent, spouse, friend or acquaintance can't enroll in a Medicare plan alone, read this article to learn what your options are.
- I'm already a Blues member, how do I transition to Medicare?
Do you already have a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan health plan? Find out what you'll need to do when it's time to enroll in Medicare.
- How can I get help paying for Medicare coverage?
Are you concerned about how Medicare will affect your budget? Use these resources to see if you can make your coverage more affordable.
- How do I know what coverage is right for me?
Do you need help understanding your options for Medicare? This article will help you figure out what plan might work best for you.
- How can I estimate my total medical costs?
Between premiums, prescription drugs and other out-of-pocket expenses, medical costs can add up. Learn how to prepare for your total Medicare costs.
- I'm confused about Medicare, where can I get help?
Find out who to call or visit if you need help understanding your Medicare options.
- What is a special enrollment period?
If you need to sign up for a Medicare Advantage plan but you're outside of the open enrollment period, learn what you'll need to do to enroll.
- How does auto enrollment work?
Find out who's eligible to be automatically enrolled in Medicare Parts A, B and D.
- What happens if my group Medicare coverage is canceled?
If you're no longer able to get coverage through your employer, this can help you understand your options for insurance.