Taking Your Health Assessment
Who is this for?
If you're a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network member, this information will help you understand more about your health assessment.
What is a health assessment?
Our online health assessment is a set of questions that helps you understand how you can improve or maintain your health. After you complete the health assessment, you'll get a customized plan to help you address any health risks you've identified.
If you're ready to take your assessment, log in to your account at bcbsm.com and click Health & Wellness in the blue bar at the top to enter the Blue Cross® Health & Wellness site, powered by WebMD®. Once you're there, select Take Your Health Assessment.
After you complete your health assessment, you'll get:
- A health risk score based on an analysis of your modifiable health risks
- A list of your highest risk areas
- A Modifiable Risk Report and a Condition Risk Report
- A list of the next steps you can take to improve your health
The site also includes:
- Digital Health Assistant programs
- Health trackers
- A Device and App Connection Center
- Message Board Exchanges
- Videos, interactive programs, articles and more
Do I have to take a health assessment?
Your health care plan might require you to take a health assessment every year. You can update your health assessment any time throughout the year.
Your plan might also require you to participate in the digital health coaching programs. But you don’t have to take your health assessment to participate in them. Here's how you can find out.
- If you have a PPO or EPO plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, check your benefit information to see if you're required to take a health assessment.
- Are you a member of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan's Healthy Blue AchieveSM plan? You'll need to take a health assessment every year to get enhanced benefits. Details are in your Member Guide.
- Are you a member of Blue Care Network's Healthy Blue Living℠ plans? Unless you scored all A's on your qualification form, you'll need to take a health assessment to get or keep enhanced benefits. Details are in your member handbook.
- If you're a member of a different Blue Care Network HMO plan, call the Customer Service number on the back of your Blue Cross ID card. We'll help you find out if you need to take the health assessment.
How do I take my health assessment?
You take your health assessment through your bcbsm.com online account. Just follow these steps:
- Step 1. Log in to your account at bcbsm.com. If you haven't logged in before, you'll need to register. Have your Blues ID card handy so you can refer to it during registration. Each member on your plan will need to log in and create their own ID and password to access online features. You can’t share an account with anyone.
- Step 2. Choose Health & Wellness in the blue bar at the top of the page. This takes you to the Blue Cross Health & Wellness site. You'll need to register if it's your first visit to the site.
- Step 3. Select Take Your Health Assessment.
It should take about 10 minutes to complete. You have the option to save your progress at any point. Just go to the bottom of the page and choose Save & Continue. When you finish your assessment, select Finish.
If you have any questions about logging in or registration, call the help desk at 1-888-417-3479. It's open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.
WebMD Health Services is an independent company supporting Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network by providing health and wellness services.