Taking Your Health Assessment
Who is this for?
If you're a Blues member, this information will help you understand more about your health assessment.
What is a health assessment?
Our online health assessment is a set of questions that helps you understand how you can improve or maintain your health. After you complete the health assessment, you'll get a customized plan to help you address any health risks you've identified.
If you're ready to take your assessment, log in to your account at bcbsm.com, click Health & Wellness in the blue bar at the top of the page and click Take assessment now.
Your online health assessment will give you:
- A lifestyle score summarizing your health behaviors
- A tailored plan to help you meet your health goals
- Recommended digital health programs to support you while you make lifestyle changes
You’ll also get:
- Tools to track your progress
- Health and wellness videos and podcasts
- E-newsletters and recipes
Do I have to take a health assessment?
Your health care plan might require you to take a health assessment every year. You can retake your health assessment every six months.
Your plan might also require you to participate in the digital health coaching programs. But you don’t have to take your health assessment to participate in them. Here's how you can find out.
- If you have a PPO or EPO plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, check your benefit information to see if you're required to take a health assessment.
- Are you a member of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan's Healthy Blue AchieveSM plan? You'll need to take a health assessment every year to get enhanced benefits. Details are in your member handbook.
- Are you a member of Blue Care Network's Healthy Blue Living℠ plans? Unless you scored all A's on your qualification form, you'll need to take a health assessment to get intermediate or enhanced benefits. Details are in your member handbook.
- If you're a member of a different Blue Care Network HMO plan, call the Customer Service number on the back of your Blues ID card. We'll help you find out if you need to take the health assessment.
How do I take my health assessment?
You take your health assessment through your bcbsm.com online account. Just follow these steps:
- Step 1. Log in to your account at bcbsm.com. If you haven't logged in before, you'll need to register. Have your Blues ID card handy so you can refer to it during registration. Each member on your plan will need to log in and create their own ID and password to access online features. You can’t share an account with anyone.
- Step 2. Choose Health & Wellness in the blue bar at the top of the page.
- Step 3. Select Take Assessment Now and it'll put you on the BlueHealthConnection® page. From there, you’ll start the health assessment, called SucceedTM.
It should take 20 to 30 minutes to complete. You have the option to save your progress at any point. Just go to the bottom of the page and choose save. When you finish your assessment, select submit.
You can update answers for up to 30 days after you complete your assessment. To update your answers, call us at 1-866-433-9284 and ask us to reopen the assessment for you. If it’s been more than 30 days, you won’t be able to update your answers.
If you have any questions about logging in or registration, call the help desk at 1-888-417-3479. It's open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.