Did one of our Approved Autism Evaluation Centers already diagnose your child with autism spectrum disorder? Here's what you need to do to start applied behavior analysis.
- Find a board-certified behavior analyst on bcbsm.com.
- Your board-certified behavior analyst will need a treatment plan from the AAEC that recommends applied behavior analysis. The center can fax it to your analyst, or you can take the plan to the analyst yourself.
- If you didn't get a treatment plan that recommends applied behavior analysis, talk to the center.
- The board-certified behavior analyst must contact us to get approval before starting service.
- We'll send you a letter in the mail to let you know whether services are approved.
I can't find a board-certified behavior analyst who participates with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or Blue Care Network
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan members: Your applied behavior analysis services from a nonparticipating board-certified behavior analyst will be covered only if the analyst is registered with us. If the analyst isn't registered with us, ask them if they'd like to be. Keep in mind you may also be billed for the difference between what the analyst charges and the amount we pay for the services.
Blue Care Network members: Call the behavioral health phone number on the back of your ID card for more information.