How can my organization sign up for a grant?
Who is this for?
If your organization would like to apply for a grant, this information tells you about the grants available and the submission process for each one.
Has your nonprofit organization come up with a solution to a health challenge in your community? Are you a Michigan clinic providing free health care to the uninsured? Do you want to teach students in your school about exercise and healthy eating?
You may be able to get financial help from a grant from us.
What kinds of grants are available?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan gives two kinds of grants:
- Building Healthy Communities: Engaging Elementary Schools and Community Partners. Schools fighting childhood obesity with exercise and healthy eating programs can apply for this grant.
- First Fuel Breakfast Challenge Grants. Schools can apply for this grant to start a breakfast-in-the-classroom program or grow an existing program.
- Strengthening the Safety Net: Improving Health Care Access Through Michigan’s Free Clinics. We give this grant to health care clinics serving the uninsured and underinsured in Michigan.
The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Foundation awards these grants:
- The Community Health Matching Program (PDF) supports nonprofit organizations working to improve health care in Michigan.
- The Proposal Development Award (PDF) helps nonprofit community organizations develop and fund grant proposals for new healthcare initiatives.
- Research grants
How do I apply for a grant?
The submission process and when you can apply for each grant is different. As you read about the grant, make sure of these two important things first:
- Your organization is eligible for the grant
- Your project meets the grant criteria