How to apply for the Building Healthy Communities program
Who is this for?
This information explains more about the Building Healthy Communities program and how to apply.
Would you like to create an environment at your school that supports and encourages healthy eating and physical activity? Could your students benefit from learning about healthy eating and physical activity?
The Building Healthy Communities program might be a good fit for your school.
About the grant
This program is made possible through partnering with Michigan Fitness Foundation, United Dairy Industry of Michigan, University of Michigan and Wayne State University. It's open to public, charter and private nonprofit schools in Michigan.
- Elementary schools can apply for the elementary school program and the breakfast in the classroom grant.
- Middle schools can apply for the middle school program and the breakfast in the classroom grant.
- High schools can apply for the breakfast in the classroom grant.
How to apply
Please review the grant requirements and application forms.
- Program descriptions and request for applications (PDF)
- Elementary school program application
- Middle school program application
- Breakfast in the classroom grant application
Completed applications are due by March 14, 2014 at 5 p.m.
Questions about the Building Healthy Communities program?
Here are a few ways you can get answers.
- Review the FAQs on the application websites above.
- Attend an informational conference call. You can find the dates and times for each program in the request for applications.
- Contact program staff. You can find contact information for each program on the request for applications.