Who can serve on the Blue Care Network Board of Directors?
To be eligible for the board, you need to be a current Blue Care Network member.
- The Blue Care Network board is open to current members with Blue Care Network or BCN Advantage℠ HMO and BCN Advantage℠ HMO-POS plans.
- The Blue Care of Michigan, Inc. board is open to current Personal Plus members.
For both boards, you also need to be:
- A current Blue Care Network or Blue Care of Michigan, Inc. subscriber
- A Michigan resident
- At least 21 years old
- Able to attend board and committee meetings
You won’t be able to serve on the board if you’re:
- A Blue Care Network or Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan employee or retiree, an employee of a Blue Cross subsidiary (Accident Fund Insurance Company of America and LifeSecure) or a relative of an employee of these organizations
- Responsible for or have a financial interest in Blue Care Network's business
- A Blue Cross Shield of Michigan subscriber
- A subscriber who has coverage through BCN Service Company