Who can serve on the Blue Care Network Board of Directors?
To be eligible for the board, you need to be a current Blue Care Network member.
- The Blue Care Network board is open to current members with Blue Care Network or BCN Advantage health plans.
- The Blue Care of Michigan, Inc. board is open to current Blue Care of Michigan, Inc. members.
For both boards, you also need to be:
- A Michigan resident.
- At least 21 years old.
- Able to attend board and committee meetings.
You won’t be able to serve on the board if you’re:
- A current member of a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan health insurance plan. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan has a separate board.
- An employee or related to an employee of:
- Blue Care Network or Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan subsidiaries Accident Fund Insurance Company of America and LifeSecure.
- Responsible for or have a financial interest in Blue Care Network’s business.
- A member in a health insurance plan through BCN Service Company. This includes employees of University of Michigan, Metropolitan Hospital, Michigan State University, Ford Motor Company and Meijer employees in the Meijer Premier Health Network plan.