Who can serve on the Blue Care Network Board of Directors?
To be eligible for the Blue Care Network board, you need to be:
- A current member in a Blue Care Network, BCN Advantage or Blue Care of Michigan, Inc. health insurance plan.
- A Michigan resident.
- At least 21 years old.
- Able to attend board and committee meetings.
You won’t be able to serve on the board if you’re:
- A current member of a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan health insurance plan. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan has a separate board.
- An employee or related to an employee of:
- Blue Care Network or Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan subsidiaries Accident Fund Insurance Company of America and LifeSecure.
- Responsible for or have a financial interest in Blue Care Network’s business.
- A member in a health insurance plan through BCN Service Company. This includes employees of University of Michigan, Metropolitan Hospital, Michigan State University, Ford Motor Company and Meijer employees in the Meijer Premier Health Network plan.