Career Transitions FAQ
Who is this for?
This information is for individuals who are going through a career change and need to know their options for health insurance coverage.
Are you switching careers? Going into business for yourself? In the market for a new job? Your health care should make the transition with you.
This FAQ answers common questions about:
- Going from one employer-sponsored health care plan to another
- Replacing a employer-sponsored health care plan with an individual health care plan
- Getting an extension of your current health care coverage
If your question isn't answered here, scroll down to see if it's listed in the Related Items box.
- If I switch from my employer’s plan, will my individual insurance cover my pre-existing conditions?
Learn more about what happens when you switch from an employer-sponsored plan to an individual health insurance plan.
- How can I find out if my current doctor takes my new insurance?
Learn how to check whether your doctor takes your new health plan, and if not, how to search for a doctor who does.