You only get a primary care office visit copay when you visit your primary care physician. Any of the following can be your primary care physician:
- Family and general practice doctors treat patients of all ages and provide obstetric and gynecologic care.
- Preventive medicine doctors promote health and well-being for patients of all ages.
- Internal medicine doctors identify and treat illnesses in adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Most patients are 18 and older.
- Internal medicine and pediatric doctors identify and treat illnesses in infants, children, adolescents and adults.
- Pediatricians treat infants, children and adolescents under age 18.
If you'd like to select or change your primary care physician, read How can I choose or change my primary care physician online?