What is the Health Advocate™ program?
Who is this for?
If you’re a Blue Care Network member who needs help sorting through health care issues, you may be eligible for this program.
We know health care can get complicated. Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone dedicated to helping you manage your health coverage?
You may want to try our Health Advocate program. It’s a free service that connects you with a personal advocate who helps you sort through complex health care issues.
Who can use Health Advocate?
You can use the service if you’ve got a Blue Care Network individual insurance plan. You also may be eligible if you’re in certain employer-sponsored Blue Care Network plans. To check, call Health Advocate at 1-855-425-8585.
Your whole family can use Health Advocate. You, your spouse, dependent children, parents and parents-in-law can call as often as they need to. It doesn’t cost you anything. The service can help even if they’re not covered by your medical plan.
How it works
When you use Health Advocate, you'll be connected with a personal advocate who can help you:
- Sort through information from doctors, dentists, specialists and other health care professionals
- Schedule appointments and arrange for second opinions
- Set up special procedures and tests
- Get answers about test results, diagnoses and medications
- Research newest treatment options
- Transfer medical records, X-rays and lab results
- Negotiate payment plans for your out-of-network medical bills
- Understand your appeal rights for bills from doctors, hospitals and other health care professionals
- Find in-home care, adult day care, assisted living and long-term care
- Understand Medicare, Medicaid and Medicare supplemental plans
- Coordinate care between different doctors and hospitals
- Research transportation to appointments
How to get help
Just call Health Advocate at 1-855-425-8585. You’ll get support from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST Monday through Friday. After hours and on weekends, an operator will take your message. We’ll keep all your conversations private.