If you can answer yes to all these question, you may be eligible for the premium tax credit.
- My household income is 100 to 400 percent above the Federal Poverty Level. Most people in this range will be eligible, but not everyone. See note below.
- My employer doesn't offer health insurance that costs less than 9.5 percent of my income and pays at least 60 percent of covered benefits.
- I'm not eligible for health insurance through a government program like Medicaid or Medicare.
- I'm married and file a joint return.
- I'm not claimed as a dependent by another person.