How do I understand my Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PPO prescription drug benefits?
Who is this for?
If you have prescription drug benefits through your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PPO plan, this can help you figure out your coverage.
Figuring out your prescription drug coverage can be confusing. If your doctor writes you a prescription, how much is it going to cost?
Check your costs and coverage online
The fastest way to find out what drugs we cover and how much you'll pay is by looking in your online account. Here's how.
- Log in to your account at bcbsm.com.
- Go to My Coverage.
- Choose Prescription Drugs.
What else you should know
Every PPO plan is different. You should check your member handbook to get information specific to your plan. In general, here are a few things you should know.
- Some plans don't count what you spend at the pharmacy toward your deductible.
- Most prescriptions have a copay. Your copays will usually be less for a generic drug than a brand name. It might be a certain dollar amount or a percentage of your total.
- Your medication might require step therapy or prior authorization.
Learn more about how to understand your Blue Cross pharmacy benefits (PDF).