How can I get the most out of my MIChild health care plan?
If your child is covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan for MIChild, here are some tips for getting the most out of the MIChild program:
- Keep your child’s Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan ID card with you. Having the card on hand makes it easier to get treatment when you need it most.
- Choose PPO doctors and hospitals. You won't have to pay anything for covered services when visiting health care professionals in your network.
- Make sure your child gets regular checkups and immunizations. The program covers preventive care to help you keep your child healthy.
- Know your child’s benefits. Use the MIChild member handbook to learn what’s covered and what’s not so you’ll be prepared when a health problem happens.
- Call before you visit. Asking your child’s doctor for advice over the phone can save you an office visit.