Who is this for?
If you’re a parent or guardian and have chosen Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan's PPO for your child's MIChild services, this information will help you understand the options available to you.
- What is MIChild?
Learn more about MIChild, a government program that helps Michigan families get the affordable health care they need for their uninsured children.
- Who is eligible for MIChild?
Learn whether your child meets the qualifications to receive MIChild insurance.
- What happens when my child turns 19?
Find out when MIChild coverage ends for children here.
- What does MIChild cover?
Learn more about what services are covered for children under MIChild.
- How much does a MIChild health care plan cost?
Learn the cost of MIChild coverage and whether you'll have to pay deductibles.
- How do I sign up?
Find out how to enroll your child in MIChild.
- How do I update my child’s records?
Learn how to find out if you need to change your child's information and what to do to stay current with MIChild.
- How can I get the most out of my MIChild health care plan?
If your child is covered by Blue Cross for MIChild, here are some tips to get the most out of the MIChild program.
- What extra services does the MIChild health care plan offer?
If your child is covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan for MIChild, you can learn about the free services we offer.
- How do I find a doctor or hospital in my network?
If your child is covered by Blue Cross for MIChild, learn how we can help you find a doctor or hospital for MIChild services.
- Is my child still covered when we travel outside of Michigan?
Find out what to do if your child needs emergency medical care outside of Michigan.
- Who do I contact with MIChild coverage questions?
If your child is covered by Blue Cross for MIChild and you have questions about things like benefits, claims or ID cards, we have contact information for you.
- Where can I find more information about MIChild?
If your child is covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan for MIChild, you can find resources, like articles on healthy fun for kids and promotional materials.