Who is this for?
This information can help if you have questions about how the OneBlue health insurance plan from Blue Care Network works. Select a question from the list below to learn more.
- What is OneBlue?
Learn more about OneBlue, an HMO health insurance plan with a low deductible and low out-of-pocket maximum.
- Who is this plan best for?
Find out whether OneBlue is an ideal HMO plan for you and your family.
- What are some of the benefits of this plan?
Benefits of the OneBlue plan include copay options for prescription drugs, preventive medical, dental and vision care. Learn more here.
- What will this plan cost me each month for my premium?
Your premium varies depending on your hometown, deductible level, age and gender. View the OneBlue rate chart to determine how much you'll pay a month.
- Why is there a difference in premiums for men and women?
On average, women have higher medical claims than men, and their premiums reflect that fact. Learn how we determine our premium rates.
- When are my payments due?
Learn more about when to make payments for your OneBlue plan.
- What is medical underwriting?
Learn how we decide whether you’re eligible for our health care coverage.
- What’s my deductible?
Find out how much you'll pay for an individual or family deductible with OneBlue.
- What’s my copay?
Find out how much your copays will be for the OneBlue plan.
- What’s my coinsurance?
With OneBlue, you will pay 20, 25 or 50 percent, depending on type of service. Learn more here.
- What’s my out-of-pocket maximum?
Learn how we determine the out-of-pocket maximum for our OneBlue plan.
- What’s a pre-existing condition?
Learn more about pre-existing condition and how we define them here.
- What’s my waiting period for pre-existing conditions?
Find out how long you'll have to wait for coverage with OneBlue if you have a pre-existing condition.
- How can I find a primary care physician?
Choosing the right primary care physician is an important decision. We can help you find the right doctor here.
- Do I have to choose a primary care physician that’s close to home?
Learn how you can choose your primary care physician when you have OneBlue coverage.
- Will I have health care coverage when I travel?
Worried about health care coverage when you're away from home? We can help make sure you stay healthy.
- Are prescription drugs covered when I travel?
Your prescriptions will be covered if you visit a pharmacy that’s in the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan or the MedImpact network. Learn more here.
- How can I apply for OneBlue?
If you’re ready to apply for the OneBlue plan, please print and fill out this application.
- How do I end my coverage?
If you’ve decided that OneBlue is no longer the right plan for you, follow these steps.